Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Pastor's Shoes




This is my view most weekends….Pastor T’s (@tgramling) shoes :)  You see...I have the privilege every weekend of sitting in the front row in many of our services…and when you look up at the stage, this is what I SEE.  Many weekends later, and many unique shoes later…I began thinking…where have these shoes been?  How did Pastor T’s walk get him to this point?  What have they seen….experienced?  What obstacles have they faced that ultimately shaped him & brought him to this point in his destiny?

 

And then I began thinking of my own shoes…my own “feet” you can say….my own journey…and when I look back, I can see God’s hand on my life, EVERY step of the way bringing me to this place & time in my life. Every mountain...every valley.  I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be by divine appointment.  Have never felt more in tune with what He’s created me to be, have never felt more whole or complete than right now.  Everything He brings or allows in my life from this point forward is ADDITION. Look forward with ALL that I am to be HIS hands & feet!

 

 

10 comments:

Linda said...

i will never see shoes the same way! thx PL for the insight. love & app u

Cynthia said...

our pastor has the most eclectic taste ever. he rocks!!

Anonymous said...

honor you for the way you walk thru everything life throws ur way Pastor Lily. you are relentless & truly show us with urlife tthat his joy is ur strength.

-Susy

Anonymous said...

Hi Lili,

I just wanted to thank you for the hug yesterday and for your prayers. That meant so much to me.
I think u are an amazing person and you are such an inspiration to me. I admire you so much as a woman and as a pastor and i wanted you to know that.
With all that you do and all that you are responsible for, its amazing that i have never seen you without a smile on your face. You are truly living your purpose God has created you for and it shows.
Thank you for being such an amazing example to all, especially us moms.

Luv,
Tammy

Olivia said...

Thank u so much Lili! thnk u for ur prayers and for all u have done for us. I luv u

Yoel said...

As you read this post you can't help but to think about your own shoes. Where they have brought you, and how they have evolved and changed over the years.
Some times they're comfortable, you don't even realize you have them on. Other times they're hard to walk in, every step is painful.
Its funny to see how we subconsciously speak through our clothing. Whether its our emotions, or a portrayal of our roles and the jobs we carry.
We speak through our clothing.

Great post Pastor Lilly. Thanks!

Mike said...

luv the perspective. thanks PL. u r awesome

Anonymous said...

praying for that ADDITION that God has for your life & the lives of your "arrows" & the legacy subsequently it will bring to you all.

Anonymous said...

praying for that ADDITION that God has for your life & the lives of your "arrows" & the legacy subsequently it will bring to you all.

Lilibeth Vilella said...

Thank you guys for all the comments & encouragement! Honored to be where I am, do what I do, and be HIS hands & feet. Look forward to the journey ahead!!