Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Best Part of the Journey



This is the Life & Leadership weekly email from Pastor Troy Gramling.

I remember a couple of years ago, on a particular weekend, I had a hard time catching my breath. It could have been the weather change or the chili I ate the night before. Either way, due to heart disease and stents in my heart, when coupled with chest pain, you start wondering if it's the "Big One." What if that weekend had been my last opportunity to proclaim the Good News? That simple thought brought a flood of emotion because my favorite part of teaching is your response to God's word. It's your transformation when the light bulb turns on. For me, teaching doesn't start with an idea that I have, but with the questions you have. My responsibility is to walk through the Bible with you to find the answer... and the best part of the journey is YOU.
Obviously, that weekend was NOT my last weekend to teach, but it did serve as a reminder of the power of God's word and the reason I love to teach. This week, look inside yourself and identify the best part of being who God created you to be!

No comments: