Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No space at the Inn!




Ever been overly pregnant with a project, dream, a baby?

Its been a looong 41 week journey carrying around this little "world-changer"....while an honor, at times a bit painful, somewhat uncomfortable....the waiting seeming endless.
My due date came & went. And at 41 weeks (that's 10 months and 1 week) I would have to hear the words today...."you are both finally ready to go, but I'm afraid we have NO space at the hospital today!? (confirming Pembroke Pines is perhaps a bit overcrowded :)
My 1st immediate thought was, thankfully God will never say..."there is NO SPACE IN HEAVEN FOR YOU!" HEAVEN WAS CREATED FOR ALL OF US, and there's plenty of space so keep inviting folks to Flamingo :)
My 2nd thought was that of Mary...who like me was probably eager to bring in the life that grew within her....but was turned away b/c there was "no space at the Inn."
How many of us are pregnant with something??? A dream, a project, goal and have been turned away...or told not yet, or we have no space for your dream. You have got to stay the course, and give birth, understanding, like I have today, that the pain & sacrifice are worth it, and that it will be in HIS time.
Here are the 5 other powerful lessons I've learned these past 10 months:
  • God is still the God of miracles, as it was only the other day, Doctors assured me after years of infertility treatments that I would never conceive. Hello?

  • God's plans are sometimes not our plans...but you gotta trust as only HE sees the bigger picture.

  • NO mopping, at 10+ months pregnant as you can provoke a "slip & fall" - rather be obedient...and "be still".

  • Be grateful for the love & support system God has placed around you...they are an extension of HIM.

  • Stay away from yummy "cheeseburger wraps" - as they can add 5 lbs a week!


Some of the greatest Treasures in my life have come with pain & have taken great sacrifice & time....but you know what? Sometimes the longer they take, the greater the pain, the greater the reward & feeling. Don't stop believing. Give birth to whatever it is God has placed within you.

10 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

Great parable
Great truth
Great God
Great YOU!

Thx 4 sharing!!!!!!

Pris said...

Wow sista! Thank you sooo much for sharing your experience and the truth that God has revealed to you through it.
God's ALWAYS on time :)

Anonymous said...

wow!! all powerful lessons woman. what a journey!!! and Happy 1 Yr Anniv today as Pastor =>

proud of you, and the way you exhibit such grace & passion with everything God throws your way.

Live out your destiny!! Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

beautiful words - even more beautiful pics

Anonymous said...

aliceasch@lilibeth love, love the blog and you!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing you heart. You are so beautiful.. Keep living it out :-) Jeralin

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Lili! You're almost there :) We love you and are so blessed to have you in our life. You add so much to the Flamingo team. Great blog post! I'm praying for you...keep us updated :)

Anonymous said...

Great post with great truth presented nicely. Nice pics. The phrase "great with child" comes to mind.

This is my first time here. I have enjoyed reading your posts.

May God bless you and your family and your ministry.

lili said...

thanks guys for all the warm comments, prayers & thoughts. Counting down til Tues :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Although I'm almost a week late in reading this it still touched my heart. I agree w/you in 'the longer they take, the greater the pain, yet the greater the reward & feeling" ~ I can only ask God to reveal to me more of what I "should be doing @ home" ~
just sharing.....:-)AND...today is TUESDAY! Praying 4U girl !!