Monday, March 2, 2009

Be still....how???


My devo verse this morning would read..."Be still in the presence of the Lord, and WAIT patiently for God to act", Psalm 37:7 NLT

For those of you who know me, know I have the HARDEST time "being still"....the hardest! Unless its by a cozy fireplace :)

I mean, don't get me wrong...I treasure my quiet times early in the mornings before beginning my Amazing Race with the kids...and look forward to watching most sunsets out in our backyard by the lake...those are moments you savor, but "be still", actually just be still for looong periods of times, or even harder yet, wait for God on a decision that is constantly on your mind.

Its soooo hard. But at the end of the day...like today, I am reminded that only He sees the bigger picture for my life, He knows His perfect plan, and waiting is the least I can do while I wait & trust that He will act.

-L

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

waiting is easier said than done!?

Anonymous said...

waiting is easier said than done!?

Anonymous said...

that is one of my greatest challenges too. u r not alone!!!

Anonymous said...

being still is something i have still not mastered - M

Paola said...

being still...being quiet...and being patient... i really needed to read this today... thank you... i used to be so good at this... and for some reason, i've strayed from it... i will work at this today and everyday...

thanks, lili :)

Jena said...

Waiting and being still....soooo hard for me too! Each morning I pray from Psalm 62...

Let all that I am wait quietly before you for my hope is in You.
You alone are my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honor come from You alone. You are my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.

lili said...

that is one sweeeet verse & reminder :) thanks sis for sharing...love ya!

Anonymous said...

Great post. Thanks for the great reminder of what God wants from us--he wants us to trust Him above all things. I see this as the essence of "being still," knowing that my loving Father has everything under control and He doesn't need my busyiness to accomplish His plans in my life.

One of my favorite verses is Psalm 46:10 which says "be still and know that I am God." Gove reminds me of this on a regular basis since I seem to want to do things quicker than He does. :)

I love the song He is Able. It says, "He is able, more than able to accomplish what concerns me today." I need that reassurance that my Heavenly Father is able and I can be still and let Him do what He does best.