Friday, October 8, 2010

His Grace Is Sufficient

Most of us are not proud of our weaknesses. In fact, we often try to hide them from others.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." -2 Corinthians 12:9

Who wants to admit falling short in one area or another? It is strength and accomplishment that’s rewarded…not weakness and failure.

"Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong." -2 Corinthians 12:10

The point here is not to celebrate our weaknesses, nor is it an excuse not to try to improve and grow and reach our God potential. BUT, as we are growing from triumph to triumph, from glory to glory, from mature to more mature, we should be content in our weakness and free to acknowledge them. For it is through them, through our weaknesses, through doing and accomplishing things that our broken selves never could that HIS strength becomes evident and that HE is glorified.



-In Him

No comments: