Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chazown- Seeing Clear to the End- Why You Need a New Kind of Vision

Chazown [khaw-ZONE]- Part 1

Seeing Clear to the End- Why You Need a New Kind of Vision

“Imagine yourself there, [about to die], lying in bed and reflecting:

- What did my life add up to?

- Did I really matter?

- What did I live for?

- Who will remember me?

- What will they say about me when I am gone?

- Why was it important that I existed?”

As you think about these questions, how do you feel about the answers? Are you happy with them? Satisfied? Or are there/will there be many regrets?

“The decisions you are making today are actually making the bed you will lie in while you wait to die.”

Groeschel talks about how so many people just wander through life, going with the flow, going through the motions, just existing. He modified a phrase from Andy Stanley:

“Everyone ends up somewhere. But few people end up somewhere on purpose.”

But, God is on purpose:

I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.

I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.” -Isaiah 46:10

Groeschel notes that we are fearfully and wonderfully made!

You created my innermost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:13-16

“He invites us to seek Him in order to learn what His perfect plan is for our lives. Then, with that plan in mind, we can reach His and our greatest dreams. Anything less is a mistake, a lie, a rip-off.”

While this seems great, it is certainly easier said than done. Life happens. We would probably ALL choose to live our God’s will for us… but so often we get swept up by life, and school and bills and tuition and student loans and marriage and babies and car repairs and family problems and struggles at work and… the next thing you know, you are lying in your death bed wondering what happened to your life. We realize that there are so many things that we could have or should have… We realize that we did not have our fingers on the pulse of the vision God had for our lives. We realize we did not reach our God potential.

Where there is no vision, the people perish. –Proverbs 29:18

Where there is no CHAZOWN, the people perish.

Cha-ZOWN means dream, revelation, vision.

Reference:

Groeschel, Craig. Chazown. Multnomah Books, Colorado Springs, CO. 2006, 2010.

No comments: