Monday, March 1, 2010

Trust


I've had "trust" on my mind alot these days...its not easily earned, nor easily given. Takes alot of work yet once earned, solidifies & strengthens your relationships to the point that anything is possible. I define trust as allowing someone to get so close to you, you take off all your masks...& allow them the privilege to see ALL your imperfections, flaws & quirks, yet they still accept, believe, love & guard your heart regardless.
I am so grateful for God who I can trust with all that I am for He has created me & defined purpose for me. I am also grateful for those I can confide & trust in as we do this journey we call Life. My prayer is each one of us as Connect Leaders will earn the trust of those we lead, love, & encourage. Trust is one of the greatest gifts you can give someone. Invest in your relationships whole-heartedly, or don't invest at all. Give people & those around you a reason to trust in you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its a privilege to earn trust. you are correct in saying one of the greatest gifts you can give someone. i will never take it for granted.

John said...

trust is very hard for me. i live with walls up. doing my best to bring them down now as believeer

-J