Friday, February 19, 2010

The Love Test

If "loving" were based on feelings...would Jesus have been tortured and crucified for us?
Love is a decision. Loving is action.

Are we really loving? Our litmus test is right in 1 Corinthians 13.
Are we patient?
Are we kind?
Are we envious, boastful, arrogant or rude?
Do we insist on our own way?
Are we arrogant or resentful?
Do we rejoice in wrongdoing...or truth?
Are we long suffering?
Do we beileve and hope in the best?

Let us consider ourselves and how we are toward those whom we say we love. Do we pass the test?

If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. - [1 Cor 13:1-3]

In Christ.



Connect Group Leaders- stay connected with each other on NING !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this post. literally. thanks for reminder

-SF