Thursday, April 16, 2009



It wasn't too long ago that I found this RED note in my oldest sons, Christopher's backpack, sealed & addressed to one of his best buds, Andres Garcia.

It read, "Dear Andres, we can change the world together" Love Chris R.

I was immediately reminded of several of our Ethos...POTENTIAL, MOVEMENT, COLLABORATION!!! I smiled when I thought of the Destiny ahead for these 2 friends. My heart was stirred with all kinds of thoughts!

Christopher turns 7 today. Im on the way to surprise him with a class JEDI party. Time goes by so fast when you have kids...my prayer every single day is that I am able to shape, pour into him, instill what he needs to REACH the plan God has for his life...with the least amount of bumps & bruises. 

5 comments:

Michele said...

That is an awesome story and happy happy bday to chris! In reading it it reminded me that ricky just blogged about andres having an upsetting day yesterday. Whether young or old we all need friends and encouraging words. I don't know why the sealed note in the backpack never made it or if it made it to his friend. But I bet he would really enjoy seeing it either again or for the first time now. God has blessed you w your beautiful children and them as well with an awesome mother!

Wendy said...

can I just tell you how much I enjoy your blogs. Keep on blogging can't wait for the next one!!!

Paola said...

awwwww!!!! happy birthday Christopher!!!! that is the cutest thing ever!

children really are the future... it's refreshing to know that their hearts are so pure and filled with so much love and desire...

Go Chris and Andres!

Pris said...

I remember this note. What a sweet example of friendship and confidence, not in one, but in "together". What a lesson for all of us...

Happy Birthday future world changer!!!

Tim said...

A picture is worth a thousand words, at least. I first read this post on my phone and didn't see the pictures. I thought this is a nice post and definitely filled with things to think about. But, when I came to the site and saw the pictures I couldn't help but be inspired. I remember feeling like I could be part of something world-changing. But, I also remember times when I have lost that zeal and been discouraged.

Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration. I needed that boost.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

God bless.