Monday, December 22, 2008

God is in the small stuff...

There's something about winding down the day once the house is "asleep"...with a soft-lit candle, comfy socks, a good book & some quiet time with God. It rejuvenates the soul.

I'm reading a book that ponders that very statement on top..."God is in the small stuff" and tonights devotional ends with these points to ponder. Had to share:
  • God speaks. Do you listen?

  • God commands. Do you obey?

  • God leads. Do you follow?

  • God is more likely to speak to you with a gentle whisper than with a loud voice.

  • God values you for WHO you are, not what you do.

  • God knows what's in our hearts...we might as well get right to the point.

Enough said.

-L



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

true dat! nothing left to say -A

Anonymous said...

i loved the last one. we cant hide from God. he knows our hearts.

Melissa Nadlman said...

I'm bold and loud. I expected God to speak to me in the same way. It took me years to "hear" God speak to me in His gentle wisper. I "hear" Him with my heart rather than my ears. I'm grateful He never gave up on trying to reach me.

Anonymous said...

thx for reminder. i do listen on most days - have to do a better job at obeying:)

-J

Anonymous said...

all gentle reminders - kay